October 31, 2010

I have a title!

Steps and Stones--the title of my book for National Novel Writing Month.


I can even picture the cover of the book I have yet to write. :)
The letter P in the word Steps is formed with a shoelace, (Nic's fantastic idea) and for the word Stones--either written completely with stones, or just the first letter, either way it is symbolic. The main character has a rocky road ahead of her. 
To add to the cover art, a runner, from the back, so you cannot see her face.... yeah, I can see it on a bookshelf.


What is the book about you ask? Okay, you didn't ask, but I am itching to tell someone.


Jules, an avid runner, is hit by a car. Paralyzed, she stumbles through her past in search of a brighter path to happiness.


Does that peak your interest? I can picture Jules in my head , and I hope I can make her come alive in yours through my writing. Tomorrow is the day I can begin the novel. Before, the day loomed ahead, making me nervous, but now I am excited.

 I will post excerpts here from time to time, or you can follow me on NaNoWriMo at this link. My pen name on the site is Summer Marino.


http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Ready... Set ...

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read it, Sum.

    Nano is right around the corner...
    Let's roll!

    Weeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete